1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Value On Used Vision

As a current P2V owner I think the P2V+ is pretty cool. But I don't like the fact that my Vision dropped $200 in value when the Vision+ came out.

So let's say it's crossing your mind of buying a Vision+ and then sell your Vision. The price dropped on all New Visions to $999 were as you paid $1200 and change. So whats that make a used Vision worth now? If your Vision is Stock with no extras, you should consider selling it between $875-925. Of coarse $925 would be and absolute mint condition.

Too bad we didn't know about the Vision+ sooner so we did have to take as much of a beating on money we're now out of, if we decide to sell.

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think people will be lucky to even get those prices Frank. The trouble with the Vision is it has no camera upgrade path. I also doubt companies like rotorpixel and DE will both to make a 3 axis upgrade.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Along the lines of Shrimpfarmer, I'm trying to think if you'd be able to take the camera off of the Vision and upgrade it? Is the mount on the bottom of the Vision the same as the Phantom 2 where an H3-2D or 3D could be mounted?

If not, I don't see people getting anywhere near even $800 for them, unfortunately.

Fink

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is if you remove the original camera you then lose all the flight data and FPV. I have not seen any post where someone has managed to get a different camera working.

Once I am fed up with my Vision I will probably turn it into some sort of test platform. I could just take the camera off and fly it without. Then I would not have to worry about the UK rules on flying with a camera ...... I am joking there as I still would not fly it near people who are not with me.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just think about how much longer you could fly without the weight of the camera. I've been telling myself if I were to upgrade it would be to a Hexa or Octocopter. I seriously do want to go with something that has ZOOM! I really can't believe someone hasn't tweaked the vision cameras in some way. Seem like a camera lens could be improved upon on cameras, especially the vision.

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vision without camera is just a naked P2. I know a pro aerial videographer in the UK (fully CAA authorised, doing broadcast and corporate stuff with an octo) who has a Vision for the sheer fun if it. Rather than a van, a helper, all the health and safety stuff and about an hour to set up, he just takes the Vision and his phone and blasts it about. His pro rig is a tool, an investment, a capital business expense - the Vision is a no-messing, quick and easy fun flyer.

I get that totally. I will no doubt eventually put an FPV rig on my 450 when it's built using a monitor, but I can still see the simplicity of the Vision/phone gas-and-go combo being something to grab for a summer's evening flight (original or Plus, whatever). The used value of these things was always going to be hit because they don't have upgrade paths - they were never aimed at that kind of user. As soon as the + came along, bang. Just like as soon as the P3 comes along, bang!

I don't see myself selling the Vision anyway. I now know why I see so many users with a bit more experience with a multirotor collection, not just one latest and greatest. A UAV for every occasion?!