1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Copter #3 flyNcat2

flyNcat2.jpg

Ok here is a updated view of copter in current state. The color is MoFo'n Badass! It's not going to look like much in a pic, but in person the fluorescent neon orange turned out way better then expected.

I would prefer to have it all the orange color, but that would require more work and downtime then I want to invest right now. The marker decals are chrome that are to purposely be reflective. My other small trick you see are 1 inch real glass round mirrors. Again, it's all above being reflective. I want to see my quad from a distance as much as possible. As you may, or may not know, a mirror is the most reflective when it comes to distance. If I remember correctly, using the sun as the light source on a very clear day, reflected light from the mirror can be seen by the naked eye up to 37 miles away. I'm only concerned with 1 mile at this time.

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really much of interest to post but as this forum is nearly dead now I feel duty bound to say something

Really like the colour and also the mirrors are a good idea. Have always been nervous about painting my pv2 as some paint can attack certain plastics. The ideal solution would be a sticky plastic cover but the shell has so many complex compound curves that it would be near impossible to apply without creases.
    Sailed in the Tall Ships Race on Storyline ? http://www.facebook.com/YachtStoryline

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely appreciate you stopping by to keep me company from time to time. I do pay a rather large amount to keep this site active each month. I keep thinking that someone will get the idea to gather their buddies up and come here to place claim and get the party started.

I put a wrap on my 1st quad and it was a joke. I bought the wrap from some guy on ebay and when I received it I had to cut it before hand.

I must give DJI props on how much better they're building these Visions. There is a noticeable improvement when you lift the cover off one built in 2013 to now. Wires are more the correct length, plugs have white glue securing them, The GPS now has a copper mesh to help with reception. Looks nice up in there.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, give the Chinese their due, they do not rest on their laurels but always continue to improve their products.
    Sailed in the Tall Ships Race on Storyline ? http://www.facebook.com/YachtStoryline