Thread: life & Fun

1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

life & Fun

well my wife and i are going away for the weekend well 3 days 2 nights , we dont get away much with us both working and then coming home doing repairs on race cars (RC) Quads and engine rebuilds , as well as packing orders and putting parts back into stock for our online hobby shop , the wife bless her, even said why don't you pack the phantom up and take it with you then you might get to have some fun instead of only using it to teach people how to fly , so sounds like we might get some flight time and some good pics and vid from up in the mountains
    pete

P.S come on guys use the forum or it will just be gone
    Owner & operator of our own little hobby shop http://www.danielspitstop.com.au

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pete, you lucky dawg! My wife and I never go anywhere. or at least I don't. We're both disabled and can not work. And because of that we both have stints of being depressed. You work all your life, in most cases for someone else, and you so look forward to the day you can retire and not have to worry about waking up to the sound of a alarm clock. And I'm here to tell anyone that after the 1st 2-3yrs of no longer working, it really does suck in a number of ways. Basically, as time goes along you have less & less responsibilities. I'm 15yrs away from most peoples actual time of retirement, and I have already for the most part been retired 11yrs since the time I was injured. I'm not telling this for any type of sympathy, I just want to speak how it is in the real world. Btw, before becoming disabled I was a majorly active person who lived on 4hrs a night sleep, and sometime less.

Our 14yr anniversary in 2 days away, and we have made no plans. Someone reading this may think it's sad, but the wife and I are really happy with one another.

When I read someone such as yourself talk about working a lot and preparing to get away for awhile. it reminds me when we were in that situation. At any rate, I hope you two have a safe trip full of fun. You should capture some video to share with us afterwards. Make sure your quad is setup for where you flying it at. Multiple compass calibrations if necessary. Extra double A batteries for the remote, car charger, and so on....

Have Fun!!!

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    well just got back what a fantastic break , did nothing i mean nothing no ph calls no people no flying shit i hated that part minus 5 deg and 30 knot winds but the fire place was great and the company it was fantastic lol
    pete
    Owner & operator of our own little hobby shop http://www.danielspitstop.com.au

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    The outside temp was minus 5 degrees, with 30mph wind? If thats the case I would not have done much either.