Thread: Negative Media Coverage

1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Negative Media Coverage

No doubt you turn on your tv and if there is any coverage on Multi Rotor copters, it's negative. I thought maybe we could collectively come together and think of some ways to change the media's perception. Otherwise, the public will never accept our hobby. They would get to the point of them not being allowed in parks, or any kind of public setting. I saw on Entertainment Tonight last night where people in a crowd were throwing a jacket up at a phantom and then finally knocking it out of the air. They cheered as if a criminal had been caught.

Any ideas?

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your right but trying to get good media coverage is very hard when there is so much negative comment , just look at what some fools are putting up on facebook people watch that see what some idiots are doing and bam more negativity
    Owner & operator of our own little hobby shop http://www.danielspitstop.com.au

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as you probably can imagine, it's most likely the media themselves that choreograph all these displays of craziness. It would just be nice to see at least an occasional positive something take place.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes your right Frank but how do we go about it , bloody hard i know , people look at you then come over they are very interested unitl some load mouth say hey thats one of them drone thing you know the ones that spy on people , and then your lost them all i then try and tell people just to have a look and ask questions i will always try and answer anything they throw at me and boy some of them are curly , so has anyone got some ideas how we as a group can change peoples perseption of our expensive TOYS lol
    pete
    Owner & operator of our own little hobby shop http://www.danielspitstop.com.au

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, when in conversation with someone I right of way let them know what I have is not a drone. I explain to them that what the government has and uses are drones. I say that drones look like upside down airplanes with weapons and spy equipment attached to them. I then explain what I have is actually called a UAS which stands for "Unmanned Aerial Systems". Mine is what you take on vacation to take pictures of a waterfall or say a large land monument of some kind. An before they can even get into voicing their opinion. I go right into telling them how I used mine at the beginning of the year when we had localized flooding from heavy rains. I tell them about this elderly couple who refused to leave their home (Like most are known to do) and because they didn't have electricity, I used my quadcopter and flew them over fresh charged batteries for their cell phones. And then later that day when I went to check on them, I flew over medicine I was able to pick up for them at their pharmacy. Generally by this time your listener is say how you can do a lot of good thing with theses things that most people never think about.

As far as the media goes. we to have the ability to lay it out there just like they do. We can put together a video showing some spectacular event all the same. I'm sure you know what I'm saying.