1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else feeling a little pissed off over Iraq

Woke up to the news this morning that the Iraqi army have begun to desert and Alqaeda are taking over the place. What a bloody awful waste of lives, money and time. I really feel sorry for those who have lost loved ones and friends fighting that war. To have gone through all that and see the place served up on a plate to the very group we were supposed to be at war with. Makes me weep.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

2. #2 Top |
    Respected Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with you.

The thing that western 'leaders' keep missing, is that in many parts of the world, the population form themselves into gangs/groups and then attack each other.

And they always will. And living in Croydon, South London, how do I know this?

Exactly- I see it daily.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the old days if we went to war we did it to seize land to exploit. The Brits managed to colonise huge swathes of the world and we brought order and prosperity. Our mistake was giving it all back (with the exception of our American friends who kicked our arse and threw us out). In those days of course we didn't fight with our arms tied behind our backs. The opposition either conformed or were eliminated. Makes you wonder how well we could run those countries which have been descending into crisis ever since we left. Maybe we should just stop all the foreign aid and trying to create democracies. Take them over and run the place for ourselves. Things would soon improve. We might have to get rid of a few bleeding heart liberals though.

I realise this might be an extreme view so feel free to ignore
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

4. #4 Top |
    Uses Prop guards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well glad to see there are a few "rednecks" left in my ancestral home And yes, that term is used in negative connotation by others, but a label I mean as a term of endearment, and wear proudly
    Phantom 2/Zenmuse HD-2D Gimbal/GoPro Hero 3+ Black/FPV/Pelican 1640 Case

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a small point of detail, it is not Alqaeda have taken over Mosel it a spin off movement even more radical/horrible called ISIS.

Agree with you that it is so sad to see this happening after all the lives lost but disagree that we could run the country. There is no way we could control these nutters, they do not respect any rules, even if we tried to fight them they would not conform to any recognisable rules of war (Geneva convention etc), they respect nothing or no one other than their own perverted form of Islam. Unfortunately the whole region is a basket case at the moment and we just have to wait for future generations to sort things out.

All the money we spent on the invasion of Iraq should have been spent to bribe the population to engineer regime change in some way. If the country was now economically prosperous like some other Middle Eastern states then I think none of this would have happened imo
    Sailed in the Tall Ships Race on Storyline ? http://www.facebook.com/YachtStoryline

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting idea on bribing them, maybe that would have worked better. I totally agree that repeating what we did before will only achieve the same results. ISIS are currently enjoying success because they are ruthless and do not bother following any codes of warfare. If Iraq falls to the likes of ISIS and that becomes a terrorist training ground then I wonder how long it will be before they start the next round of expansion. Once we have the likes of ISIS on the borders of europe then we will have to fight them. What a shit situation.

7. #7 Top |
    Uses Prop guards
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a son over there right now I don't like any of it.