Thread: UK Royal Mail

1. #1 Top |
    Respected Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like

UK Royal Mail

I've got an idea that things have changed since privatisation. Hardly ever did I get hit with surcharges on stuff from the far east.

Now it seems that everything is being routed through a border agency in Berkshire, adding a week+ to times.

And they are enforcing the rules to the letter. Any item [ non EU ] valued at over 15 [or valued by them at over 15] attracts Vat+ a handling charge. This includes items which are gifted. Or free e.g. a faulty item exchange.

Items valued [ or they value ] at over 160 also attract Duty. And that seems to be a rate in keeping with how they feel that day

Moral of the story is- do the maths before importing from Helipal etc.

My recent experience. Bought an item from Helipal and it turned out faulty. Got hit by Vat and charges. Exchange agreed, shipping my cost. Exchange item again hit by Vat and charges. 2nd set of charges based on customs valuation, circumstance not allowable variation of rules.

And I'll have a little punt here. It is all politically motivated.

Think, If I was angling to give the electorate a shot across the bows re. downside of quitting EU membership, and 2/ up customs and Vat revenue, plus 3/ I wanted to earn my new share holders a few quid [ and of course all my mates that I allowed to buy as many Royal Mail shares as they wanted, achieved by strangling the supply to Joe Public]

Get my drift?

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting theory.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.