1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Yes, it's that Brit you thought you'd escaped from

... yeah, sorry about that. If you've come here hoping to get away from me from "another place" then it's not looking good, is it?

So I'm Simon from the UK. I'm a stay-at-home dad of two, husband, dog owner (or dog-owned, possibly), lapsed private pilot and I took delivery of one of the first Phantom 2 Visions to arrive in the UK back at the end of October 2013. I had a couple of years of experience with small electric helis and micro quads before switching up to the Vision and it's been a fun learning curve so far!

I'm a lover of aviation in general, coffee, red wine (and the odd snifter of something different), good grammar and having a good laugh with like-minded people. I've made most of the flying mistakes you can and have learnt from them, and I make a series of "On the Kitchen Table" videos about all things Phantom 2 Vision, including some how to's and reviews, and quads and UAVs in general. If you'd like to take a look at my channel you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen

Have fun and fly safely!

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's that Brit you thought you'd escaped from

Hi everyone.

I frequent a number of forums but have mostly been posting in Phantompilots.com

I am here to support this new initiative in any way I can.

My main interest is in making films. I love learning new techniques and helping others to improve their own films.

I don't like the technical side of quadcopters much but I do like to keep myself informed.

I am more a visuals type of person rather than a technician. The forum needs all types so I hope I can slot into my particular niche.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Professor Shrimpie! As always, you're a tremendous asset to any board. Cant wait to see your guides & tutorials. Good to see you here.

4. #4 Top |
    Uses Prop guards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found it-

So, you are the guy with the little boy pants? Is it true that is how you got your handle?

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you hear the phrase "pull up" on the flight deck of a 737 you'll be needing some of those pants...

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull_Up View Post
    If you hear the phrase "pull up" on the flight deck of a 737 you'll be needing some of those pants...
    And if your flying Malaysian Airways you might be advised to fit a tracker as well......
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

7. #7 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those weren't pants, they were fishnets!