Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #16 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    You do need the 3rd antenna. When your quad goes overhead or is very close it will use that one instead. I would not like to fly with just the long range antenna.
    Thanks for the feedback, Ken, but what I meant was, couldn't I use one standard 'rubber duck' on the monitor as the second antenna, and wouldn't that be sufficient for the times when the quad is close/overhead ?
    www.peter-evans-photographer.com
    www.painting-photography-france.com

2. #17 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try that approach, Peter. The only thing with the omni whips is that the tip is the weakest signal point, so if flying close in and above you'll need to angle that one like you would the standard tx - avoid pointing the tip direct. Having the third cloverleaf gives you the broad coverage for closer in (including behind), and the directional blackhawk needs to be pointed towards the aircraft for max range.

Doesn't look like I'll have weather to try it for the rest of the week though

3. #18 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broadsword to Danny Boy, Broadsword to Danny Boy. Come in Danny Boy

Jeez, all this new terminology!

I know what a Walnut Whip is, but what's an 'Omni Whip' ?

Three 'Cloverleaves'?

My simple brain was thinking Nimrod on the Immersion 600, Blackhawk as left antenna on the Black Pearl, and standard rubber antenna on the right. (And maybe an extension/right angle thingy to get the Nimrod out and away from the Phantom?)

Sunny and 23 here. Sorry ;-)
    www.peter-evans-photographer.com
    www.painting-photography-france.com

4. #19 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you buy from Will just tell him what your trying to do and he will put a suitable connector on it for you. Don't use an extension you will give Will a heart attack. He strives for maximum signal and its cut in half by a join

Yes your whip will work and certainly worth trying before shelling out for a posh one

Its lasjing it down here in the Lakes. Give me an excuse to edit something
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

5. #20 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    +18c and gusting 22mph here...

6. #21 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

New here and my first post but I'm interested in this thread regarding the Black Pearl kit supplied by Will at Horizon.

I've just sent him message and await his response, however since fitting the new antennas I've seen very little if no improvement in range.

I have the Nimrod bent at 90 degrees on the Tx (5.8 600mw) and the other 2 on the Black Pearl and can get no more than 200m out and 120m up before I totally loose the signal. I was hoping for much more.

Do you have any advise regarding placement or tips to improve the range, I was really hoping for more.

I'm new to FPV and learning about these antennas too so if you have any basic explanations and differences in antenna types (especially the ones I'm using) I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Lee

7. #22 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you could attach a image or two it would be helpful.

When doing your test, was the batteries in Range Extender, and Transmitter.Controller, fully charged?

What video display setting are you using?

8. #23 Top |
    Manual Reader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of appearances, the hoverboard usually requires approximately ten mins for a terrific grip. The rocking board seduces every age. The object is new, smooth, funny and hypersensitive; as an "added member" the board obeys the movements of the frame. You have to mount it as you mount a step: it's absolutely the equal era that tilts your smartphone display screen as soon as you tilt it horizontally or vertically, extensively utilized for aviation.

9. #24 Top |
    Manual Reader
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do need the 3rd antenna. When your quad goes overhead or is very close it will use that one instead. I would not like to fly with just the long range antenna.BP changes to the Black Hawk after about 50m and rarely uses the Fatshark after that. Do you bath in that mug in front of the fire Pull_Up. Its similar in size to an American jacuzzi.
    I've been emailing Will about my setup and have asked him to pop over here and give us chapter, verse and a nice leather binding...