1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Flight controller firmware to 3.02

I've put this here as it relates to both the Vision and the Vision+ (or is it Plus?)

DJI has released a firmware update for the flight controller (aka "autopilot"). From the release notes:

Major New Feature: Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved. Maximum descent speed restricted to 2m/s.
    Handy if you've got a Vision with a thrid-party gimbal and/or bolted lots of extras on. I'm guessing they have had some users getting vortex ring state with heavier payloads meaning more volumes of propwash as the rotors compensate, hence the further reduction in descent rates.

If you update and you're a "high flyer" you'll need to recalculate your time to descend from altitiude and factor that into your calculations so you don't run out of juice before you get down.

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also added this in the Phantom Vision forum.

http://forums.multicopterpilots.com/...ull=1#post1047

It contains download option for our Pilots.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whilst flying in the Lake District it makes me realise that DJI's decision to limit descent to 2m/s is just crazy. With my P2 I can easily reach the top of the fells but I have also been coming back down again at 5m/s in fast forward flight. The Phantom handles this really well just as long as the forward speed is high enough. If I had been flying the latest firmware the flights I have been doing would just not be possible anymore.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.