Thread: Dual Remotes

1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Dual Remotes

Hey guys,I know you can program 2 r/c's to mavic but,does the master and slave mirror each other or is slave limited in functions ?

2. #2 Top |
    Prop Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    In general they can both do the same things but the primary / master "has priority over" the secondary / slave remote. Take a look at page 39 of the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavi...ual%20V2.0.pdf

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    read that before but it doesn't answer my question,lets say rc1 is primary,if I just use rc2 without turning on rc1 is rc2 now primary?

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only limits are that the sport switch doesn't do anything on the slave, and the slave has to wait 2 seconds after the master has done anything with the flight controls. All camera functions work for both save and master, all of the time. It is possible for the master to take over from the slave seamlessly, but not the other way around. If the master is flying, everything comes to a halt for 2 seconds before the slave gets control. My business partner and I were flying up a river over an ice jam the other day, and it was very cold and windy. After flying for miles, my right thumb was about to drop off from the cold. As soon as I cleared the river, I handed it over to her to fly the fields. It halted there, requiring an edit, but when my thumb was warm again, I took it back from her and you can't even see that hand over in the video.

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess no one is reading my question properly,don't know how to word it more clearly

6. #6 Top |
    Extreme Donator II
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Dragonfly has answered your question! To simplify, "No" to part one (master has full control) and "Yes" to part two of your question! You can't have two controllers flying the drone at the same time....
    Just another day!