1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Lost Access to DJI Mods forum-Why?

We have done several things to let users know our perspective concerning non-contributors. Even when registering it clearly states if you are known not to contribute and/or only lurk, then do not register. What happens is some chose to ignore those request and fine themselves without access. At this point it's not a good situation to be in. Because, as you know, mod's and files are usually updated daily.

The fastest way to regain access, would be to click on my name and send me a PM.

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some from the most recent cut:

Blade slap
    Mako79
    Jcarlo
    Chunter
    wilsonflyer
    Dodobird
    DragonFly Aerials
    WIMMPYIII
    milkmanchris
    Ve7abr
    4wd
    supastar33
    lwg38672

3. #3 Top |
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see I made the top of this list. This is one messed-up, money-hungry forum admin...and the mod details can be had in alot of other places anyway. And really, Lolo is another one dropped?

Frank, if you really can’t operate the forum without it being your own personal profit center, then give it up man. You are just pissing people off and stressing yourself out for a dying cause.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fileophile View Post
    Good to see I made the top of this list. This is one messed-up, money-hungry forum admin...and the mod details can be had in alot of other places anyway. And really, Lolo is another one dropped?

Frank, if you really canít operate the forum without it being your own personal profit center, then give it up man. You are just pissing people off and stressing yourself out for a dying cause.
    lolo780's screen was placed on the list but he has never lost access. The members that are here are so because they want to be. We don't have a website full of banners from advertisers for members to dodge around. This was started as a private group with limited access. The members agreed from the get-go about donating. The numbers of non-members wanting access grew by the day. Rather than leaving the doors shut, and to keep it fair to everyone, we opened up and made it clear about contributing with in the registration process before each person becomes a member.

Not only is your screen name at the top, you are also the 1st one to complain. We have members that appreciate what we have here. Some have donated $50, $100, $200, and up to $300. Some have donated those amounts more than once. The donating by members has ranged on down to $5. There has never been a set amount to donate. The donating has been a way for members to show their appreciation. Some are able to donate more than others. For those that contribute, it would not be fair to allow those that don't.

So with no fee, explanation given about contributing at registration and the fact that members are allowed into the forum weeks before any donations, I'd say it is far from being a money-hungry forum.

Unfortunately, there are those that are determined to get something for nothing.

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wont complain about being cut as i do "lerk" 99% of the time and only post a little when i feel it can help.
    It has been great and I love reading peoples discoveries and mods.
    I have done alot of promoting and recruiting people to this forum from the very beginning because it has been a great place to go for uncensored input.
    I am not sure limiting the audience is going to be helpful.

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIMMPYIII View Post
    I wont complain about being cut as i do "lerk" 99% of the time and only post a little when i feel it can help.
    It has been great and I love reading peoples discoveries and mods.
    I have done alot of promoting and recruiting people to this forum from the very beginning because it has been a great place to go for uncensored input.
    I am not sure limiting the audience is going to be helpful.
    Contributing to posting in threads does not apply just to the DJI Mods forum. Posting can take place in any of the forums on this website. I will even go as far as creating a forum for you as long as you can keep it active. Or you can do the same with any of the existing forums. Moderate your own forum. I say that because I would have gladly taken forums owners up on that offer on forums I was a part of in the past.

7. #7 Top |
    Extreme Donator II
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why was i cut? i have posted in the hidden part many times? mostly questions but i have been "active" in there.
    ok not for the last month due to too much in real life.
    however if you still deem me "chaff" guess i'll have to dig up some pennies and donate.

8. #8 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    Why was i cut? i have posted in the hidden part many times? mostly questions but i have been "active" in there.
    ok not for the last month due to too much in real life.
    however if you still deem me "chaff" guess i'll have to dig up some pennies and donate.
    Absolutely no complaints with your posting contributions. Your screen name came up on a list of nondonators.

9. #9 Top |
    Extreme Donator II
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotchya. brain fart my end. will donate as soon as i have spare pennies,won't be much but jan and feb for me are the tightest months of the years.

10. #10 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for answering this question. I'll send you a pm.