1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Using Waypoint Feature

I personally have not had any time to stay updated the Waypoint setup for the P2V.

Can someone explain some situations on how the waypoint feature would be beneficial?

And maybe you could also finish this:

Once I have Waypoints on my Vision, I'm going to................?

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    "...save a waypoint mission so that I can fly the same path exactly every time to do a seasonal timelapse over the course of a year."

But apart from that I think it's just going to be a bit of a toy to play with. If you have land, crops or buildings to survey I can see it being very useful, or you want to take some top-down video and want the aircraft to fly a very accurate course (tracking a feature like a road, say) and want to be able to easily repeat the shot again for multiple takes.

But mainly it's just messing about! Plus we don't yet know what subset of the full Ground Station features we'll actually get - so might not be able to save previous waypoints, etc. Waiting game!

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now it's hard for me to think about having my P2V fly out of my line of sight.

I was thinking if someone such as say sick parent that lived 5 miles away, and you were responsible for getting them their daily medicine. Have it fly to their house and deliver the meds. Maybe they switch out your battery, and then set the copter on the helipad you have setup and simply reactivate the good to go switch.

Then there's the nightmare. Somewhere along the to & from route lives a 14yr old kid with his ass speckled with pimples, notices your Copter flying by each day. Then kid trying to impress his school mate decides to shoot your Copter down which just happens to be while it was flying over a river.

Overall for me as an enthusiast I hope the Waypoint feature helps in the way of innovation. Maybe someone will share an experience they did or thought they may of had, that could open the door in a way we didn't think of.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing we don't know is if the feature will actually allow flight beyond wifi range. In the full scale Ground Station setup you need to add additional hardware to the aircraft which stores the instructions you program, so it can fly completely autonomously out as far as tx range will take I believe. I don't know if our version will use the app to drive the database and instruct the flight controller, hence you'll always need to be within range of the wifi, and potentially keep the range extender pointed at the thing. Or there may be storage on the NAZA already built in so you might be able to fly and keep the transmitter on the floor because the wifi won't matter. Hopefully we'll find out early next week...