1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

New app for Android released: 4/22

Version 1.40 claims to have fixed the intermittent video freezing issue. Not going to have the weather to test here today. Anyone with the prior problems confirm if it's fixed or not?
    Last edited by iDrone; 04-25-14 at 05:48 PM. Reason: damn autocorrect, add date to title

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH I wish I knew about this earlier today. I spent a lot of time testing.

Either way thanks for the heads up.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting consistent reports from subscribers to my channel and others that this update does indeed seem to have cured most if not all of the issues people were seeing with poor preview video quality with their Vision. Still not had chance to fly myself, though...

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great news for me. I had my P2V spread all over the table yesterday. Then walking all around inside & outside my house with the control while logging changes. I came up with some good findings, but all of that mean nothing now if it is indeed cured.

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well check that your issue is solved... It might be different to the others issues!

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    My problem still exist. I thought at 1st all was ok, but that wasn't the case. Neither of the 640 display options work. The 320 display works flawless.

7. #7 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    What mobile device are you using? If the 320 is flawless then it may be that your device is just running out of grunt for the higher resolution streams...

8. #8 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    2014 Nexus7

Btw I'll share something I just stumbled on for anyone reading this with a Nexus7 or planning to get one,

Google rumored to drop Nexus 7, introduce Nexus 8 with new version of Android in July

9. #9 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the device then, plenty of grunt in the Nexus 7. Have you tried totally uninstalling the app (including clearing cache and data before uninstall) and trying again? Also make sure you do a full reboot of the tablet after any app update (i.e. switch it off fully, not just into standby).

They won't "drop" the 7 - I'm still running a Nexus 4 phone, despite the Nexus 5 having been released and I got updated to KitKat. The Nexus devices are guaranteed to get updates from Google direct for at least 18 months after release. Of course if you want a bit more screen real estate go for the bigger size, but the 7" is so popular I can't see them dropping it - they just want to go head to head with iPad Mini.