Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Phantom 2 Version 3.0 Updates

Just a warning for those of you who have not seen the threads elsewhere about it.

Be ABSOLUTELY sure you read the Release Notes and watch the YouTube video listed below BEFORE attempting to update to v3.0.

Safety is indeed important, but these changes, nor the simple fact that they would be doing rapid fire firmware updates were communicated effectively whatsoever.

Hoping this helps some of you save the headache that many others are already going through. Lucky for me, I am still on v1.8 and have no intent to update anytime soon.

Fink

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the working link to the map showing the Category A and Category B airports.

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Fink

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up Fink, I had not updated in order to avoid any problems until they are all ironed out. My bird is flying well so I am sticking with 1.8 for now as well.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Fink, I had not updated in order to avoid any problems until they are all ironed out. My bird is flying well so I am sticking with 1.8 for now as well.
    It sounds like those that have successfully updated, barring any hesitations/reservations about the new safety restrictions, are not having too many issues.

Like you, I have no motivation to update at the moment.

I did make a mental note to download each version of the Assistant software as it comes out - just in case I want to get in on a smaller firmware update later down the road.

Fink

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    The no-fly zones have apparently been cobbled together by some manner of database process rather than someone actually looking at the airports/maps. I checked our "class B" airport ... the no-fly zone doesn't even cover the airport property, i.e., only about half of the runways' length is in a no-fly zone. I'n not lobbying for expansion but if they're planning to use this feature in some sort of sales/certification pitch to aviation authorities they're probably going to be shot down (no pun intended ... at least not on purpose )

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Visioneer View Post
    The no-fly zones have apparently been cobbled together by some manner of database process rather than someone actually looking at the airports/maps. I checked our "class B" airport ... the no-fly zone doesn't even cover the airport property, i.e., only about half of the runways' length is in a no-fly zone. I'n not lobbying for expansion but if they're planning to use this feature in some sort of sales/certification pitch to aviation authorities they're probably going to be shot down (no pun intended ... at least not on purpose )
    I agree - seems kind of silly to me. We have an actual international airport near us, with both international in the name as well as true international flights flying in/out of it that isn't on the list in either category.

Definitely seems like they threw this all together and then hammered out the release to satisfy some new regulation/requirement being brought down by various authorities.

Fink

7. #7 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Shrimpfarmer

I was wondering have you still got that 1.8 firmware version still has I want to take my version back to 1.8 I updated it Friday to version 2.0,

Cheers,
    Dave.

8. #8 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted this again could not see first post.
    Hello Shrimpfarmer

I was wondering have you got the 1.8 version of the
    Assistant software + firmware.
    Has i updated my phantom on Friday to version 2.0 and I wish to go back to 1.8

Cheers
    Dave,

9. #9 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Do you have the firmware 1.8 Assistant Software still has i upgraded mine to version 2, and now I want to go back to version 1.8

Cheers,
    Dave,

10. #10 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dake View Post
    Hi,
    Do you have the firmware 1.8 Assistant Software still has i upgraded mine to version 2, and now I want to go back to version 1.8

Cheers,
    Dave,
    Hi Dave

Unfortunately I don't have that with me. I am on a trip and the laptop I downloaded it onto is not with me, which is pretty stupid really as I may need it myself whilst I am away. The download files may be on it but not sure and I won't have access to it for 3 weeks.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

11. #11 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    No prob,
    Hope you are enjoying your trip, weather in uk not to good at the moment,

Cheers,
    Dave.

12. #12 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can find all historic Assistant versions here:

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

13. #13 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Pull_Up,

I'm New to this quad flying,
    there is no chance of any damage to my quad if I use one of those versions to revert back from version 2.

Thanks for your reply

14. #14 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen any reports of issues, but I haven't done it myself recently - I'm happy running the latest versions - but I did do it last year with my vision when the first update appeared to brick my receiver. I went back to an earlier firmware and that did the trick on the RX and I then went back to latest.

Just make sure you don't interrupt any firmware transfer as with a standard upgrade - that's the only way to brick the system. If for some reason it doesn't work you can easily just put 2.0 back in.

15. #15 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull_Up View Post
    You can find all historic Assistant versions here:

http://droneslinger.com/software.html
    Dam useful link, I didn't know he was stockpiling those. Brilliant.