1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

GroundStation for Phantom 2 (non-Vision)

Congratulations to all Phantom 2 owners who just got their optional Datalink & BTU hardware kits activated with the latest release of GroundStation for iPad. Please share your experiences, videos, issues, & solutions with everyone here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iDrone; 04-04-14 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Add photo

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    As we wait for Vision's Waypoints app to be released in the App Store & Google Play, here's a nice demo of how the full GroundStation works on the Phantom 2 non-vision.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

Extended range enquiry

H'o all, I'm new to the hobby and have only a couple of hours experience flying my P2(v3) with the Z'H3-3D and ImmersionRC 5.8GHz FPV rig. I've been careful about where and how I fly and haven't pushed beyond any limits of either the aircraft or FPV so far. I live close to the coast and all my flights to date have been on a near deserted beach where the tide goes out a lonnnnnnnng way. I don't want to get caught out by an incoming tide coming in behind me (which it does here) so I'm looking to work my P2 at a range possibly up to 1000m from my take-off location (of course, keeping it in unaided visual contact at all times) and was hoping you guys might point me in the direction of what hardware I'd need to extend my P2's range (both control and FPV) to that distance and if anyone knows of a good explanatory video to help me install it.

Similarly, and possibly more relevant to this thread, does anyone know of a clear installation video for the data link hardware illustrated in the post above so that I can make use of the DJI Ground Station on my (non-vision) P2? I've watched the DJI official one but I'm a biff and literally need a step by step version on the Phantom 2 rather than the generic set-up used in their video. All/any input much appreciated. Cheers.
    Last edited by Airlite; 03-30-15 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spooling and grama