1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

DJI has released the Ground Station function for P2V and P2V+

2. #2 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    GS1.jpg

Ok so the main update will be in the app on your tablet or phone. also see where it said "Ensure that your Phantom is running the latest firmware v3.04.".

There will be noway I will even consider loading the v3.04 firmware without knowing the Heat Issue has 1st been resolved. It could print money and I still would not load v3.04 in it's current state.

Another thing I saw was the "automatically disabled when the Phantom battery level falls below 30%.". And also "3.1 miles (5km) flight distance limit.". This means you will actually be limited to 1.5 miles out, and 1.5 miles back. Or, a 3/4 mile square block. I bet the drug lords who planned to use the waypoint option to drop their drugs will be pissed with that restriction. Btw, My plan for the waypoint feature is to use it for Set Video Recording Spots. With this, I feel like I will be able to make some badass video's that show little to no human error during location transitions.

"1640ft (500m) maximum flight radius from HOME point, 656ft (200m) altitude limit." This confuses me based on the 3.1 mile flight distance limit.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to be some interesting stuff. It almost looks like this can be used a GPS Tracker. I have a bunch of pics I will download soon.

4. #4 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some nice features but at too high a price in terms of compromising your aircraft
    Sailed in the Tall Ships Race on Storyline ? http://www.facebook.com/YachtStoryline

5. #5 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

6. #6 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok a couple of things I noticed last night,

1) Looks like I do not have to upgrade to v3.04
    2) Unable to edit or remove a waypoint after tapping on screen
    3) Unable to locate and set waypoint Height or Time at each waypoint

7. #7 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Adams View Post
    Ok a couple of things I noticed last night,

1) Looks like I do not have to upgrade to v3.04
    2) Unable to edit or remove a waypoint after tapping on screen
    3) Unable to locate and set waypoint Height or Time at each waypoint
    IMAG1525.jpg

Ok so I've some time to mess around with the ground station some. I did manage to edit each waypoint and delete each one if I need to. I can adjust the height and distance. However, we are limited to staying in the Green shaded area per any mission.

Two things I noticed that can serve as a warnings are,
    1) The copter will fly from both home point or each waypoint by way of a diagonal line. Say Home Point begins at 16ft altitude, and Way Point 1 is set at 50ft. The copter will climb the altitude difference as it is traveling between each point. So make sure you don't have anything in between the altitude differences.
    2) The copter Does Not have to be running to begin a mission. Meaning the props do not have to be engaged to start the process. I know this because I just had to take off running across my office and grabbed the landing gear as it started to lift. If the GPS Ready to go indicator is lit up, that's all it needs to start.

The only thing really missing is you can use the Yaw feature while in a mission, yet.

8. #8 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, if I understand point 2 in your post above, you do not have to do a CSC - just press 'go' (or whatever the start control is) on the app. Am I correct ? If so, it seems that with all the extra safety built into the software upgrade this is a glaring ommission.

Another point, is there a reconfirmation required when you press go/start (as in 'are you sure you want to proceed') ?
    Sailed in the Tall Ships Race on Storyline ? http://www.facebook.com/YachtStoryline

9. #9 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its all interesting but alas in its current state it does not make enough of a difference. Its a great idea that you can control your camera whilst the quad flies itself however from my experience so far of tracking an object whilst manually doing a flypast you nearly always need to adjust the position of the quad for an optimum effect. You simply can't do that if its controlling itself. The lack of the ability to yaw is a show stopper. I am sure in a few iterations it will have that functionality, if they don't grant that then it will remain just a gimmick.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

10. #10 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    well said yaw would be great without it make the whole thing useless in my opinion for taking great shots i would like to be able to fly and turn in any direction
    Owner & operator of our own little hobby shop http://www.danielspitstop.com.au