1. #1 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like

CBS This Morning: Quadcopter Weddings

Finally....Some Positive Prime Airtime.

The News show "CBS This Morning" ran a story about a photographer that's in the business of using his Phantom with GoPro for wedding pictures. Now...We all know who's going to be stopping by to see him soon. But due to have a rather large Dronefly sticker on the front of his quad, maybe they will pocket his fine he'll be getting.

The best part of this video is where the guy makes it clear that we Do Not use the word drone. As he said, we call them Quadcopters.

2. #2 Top |
    Manual Reader
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's get the name straight!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Adams View Post
    Finally....Some Positive Prime Airtime.

The best part of this video is where the guy makes it clear that we Do Not use the word drone. As he said, we call them Quadcopters.
    I am constantly correcting my friends. It's a "quad", or a "UAV", but never a "drone". Drones are what the army and air force use to kill off terrorists. Not a bad thing, but that's not what WE do!
    Cleanse the gene pool. Stamp out warning labels.

3. #3 Top |
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually they are not UAV's. UAV is Unmanned Aerial Vehicle". Our Quad's are not vehicles. Vehicles are mobile machines that transport people or cargo in most cases.

Technically, what we have is referred to as U.A.S. known as "Unmanned Aerial System". UAS's are remote controlled by you and me while either on the ground, or from our boats, back of the pickup truck, or many other ground driven vehicles. They are also controlled autonomously by onboard computers.

I generally call them Copters. Even though what I fly is a Quadcopter, I try not to refer to it that away when talking to say a neighbor, cause it would be confusing when the next guy that flies his 6 motor Hexacopter joins the conversation.

4. #4 Top |
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

CBS This Morning Quadcopter Weddings

I havent come across a forum that supports that yet. What forums have you seen with this feature?